Instructions & Care
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging your wallpaper or mural. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Walls should have at least one coat of primer on them before applying the wallpaper, to ensure a strong adhesion.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper before applying the adhesive.
PASTING AND HANGING
- Please ALWAYS lay out the wallpaper on the floor first before you hang it to make sure the panels all line up and match perfectly.
- Please ALWAYS start the hanging from left to right hanging first PANEL A, B, C and so on (like reading a book)
- This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallpaper.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive – specifically for paste the wall non-woven papers should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorators brush to smooth down the wall covering, working from the center to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wall covering.
- Paste will damage the surface. We cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
CARING FOR YOUR WALLPAPER
The wallpaper should be cleaned by dusting with a clean dry brush or by brush accessory on a vacuum cleaner.
Our wallpaper is customised according to the dimensions of your wall and is therefore made to order. Please expect up to three weeks for your order to be delivered.
IMPORTANT: When selecting your wallpaper size, please make sure you double check the measurements before putting them in or emailing them to us, as our wallpapers are made to order and cannot be returned, so this is a very important step. We also recommend you add an extra 5cm to the total height and the width, as walls and ceilings are often not straight and we need to allow for trimming.